Schedule: Full time
WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
• We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
• We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
• Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your paycheck… Work Hard- Make Good Money, Work Harder- Make GREAT Money!
• Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
• Great Store Environment
• Excellent Benefits
• We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
• Meet and exceed sales goals and standards of performance
• Direct and motivate employees to attain personal sales goals weekly
• Hold staff accountable for meeting sales goals
• Provide a fun, full-service shopping experience to customers
• Stay informed of current fashion trends
• Assist Store Manager in recruiting, training, and developing a successful sales team
• Evaluate the training needs of store employees and communicate those to the Store Manager
• Recognize talented staff and help develop them for growth within the company
• Evaluate staffing levels to maintain maximum productivity and sales effectiveness
• Assist Store Manager with weekly staffing schedules
• Help ensure that employee time is effectively and efficiently used
• Manage all aspects of store operations in Store Manager’s absence
• Maintain a safe work environment
• Follow all Loss pvention practices and protect company assets
• Perform all operational procedures accurately, in accordance with Operations Policies
• Organize stock room according to Operations Policy Manual
• Maintain store appearance
• Lead and direct the store crew in Store Manager’s absence
• Provide feedback and coaching to all employees
• Supervise the daily operations of the store in Store Manager’s absence
• Identify and report unacceptable work performance and disciplinary problems to Store Manager
• Resolve customer issues effectively
• Understand the Journeys Kidz culture and demonstrate it to the team
• Prior experience in a management or supervisory role
• 6 – 12 months retail sales experience
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Desire to succeed in fast-paced retail environment
• Ability to work 45 hours per week, including night and weekend shifts
Check out the following website for more information on all our awesome benefits: http://www.journeys.com/careers/benefits
If interested please contact Store Manager Carlee 907-677-8727