COVID-19 MITIGATION PLAN
Dimond Center has developed the following COVID-19 mitigation plan to keep guests, employees, tenants and members of our community safe. The plan closely follows healthcare guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS), the Anchorage Health Department (AHD) as well as international and national industry standards. Dimond Center is private property, open to the public by invitation and thereby may implement more stringent policies than those required by local, state and federal guidelines if Dimond Center Management determines those measures would improve the safety of our guests, tenants, and employees.
EMPLOYEE AND GUEST HEALTH
At Dimond Center, the health and safety of our employees and guests is our number one priority. Due to the fluidity of the events surrounding this pandemic, and our commitment to ensuring our facility is safe, this document is considered a “living document” and will be updated as conditions change, and as relevant information is disseminated by local, state and federal agencies.
In order to remain nimble and flexible, Dimond Center Management reserves the right to act in the best interest of our tenants, customers and employees and make decisions not currently reflected in this plan.
Guests, tenants and employees are required to wear face coverings/masks while inside Dimond Center as directed by the Municipality of Anchorage in Emergency Order EO-13 version 2.
All face masks must cover the nose and mouth completely. Signage at mall entrances and throughout Dimond Center communicate the mask requirement. Security will not be positioned at all mall entrances, but Dimond Center team members – including our security officers – will proactively approach guests who are not wearing a mask to remind them of the policy and ask for their cooperation.
Social distancing guidelines are visible throughout Dimond Center. Key reminders are placed throughout the common areas and occupancy guidelines are enforced.
Throughout the mall, measures in place to ensure physical distancing of at least six feet between workers and customers include physical partitions, furniture and fixture placement, and visual cues such as floor markings and signs.
In addition, we have implemented the following policies regarding physical distancing:
- Actively reminding and encouraging customers and the public to comply with the physical distancing standards.
- Working with tenants and vendors to develop additional strategies to increase pickup and delivery service options for customers to help minimize in-store contact and maintain physical distancing, such as online ordering and returns-processing from shoppers’ vehicles with no direct hand-off of items.
- Creating waiting areas for customers outside individual stores while still maintaining physical distance
- Reconfiguring vendor carts or kiosks, where necessary, to ensure queuing does not impede physical distancing requirements.
- Reconfiguring chairs, seating, benches, and other public spaces to enable social distancing requirements.
Personal Hygiene is crucial to slowing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the spread of germs. To help with this effort, Dimond Center is adopting the following policies:
- Placing hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, near all entrances, high-volume property touch points and decision points.
- Posting signs throughout the property reminding employees of the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks, use of gloves (in positions deemed appropriate), wash hands, cover sneezes and to avoid touching their faces.
- Placing signs in all public and staff restrooms reminding our guests and employees of the best hand-washing practices published by the CDC.
- Posting signs in restrooms reminding guests of the importance of physical separation. Most of the urinal/toilet flush valves, sink faucets, soap dispensers and hand dryers are touchless devices.
Dimond Center will comply with all government mandates as related to code occupancy requirements for our property, including common areas, retail space, restaurants, recreation spaces, and theaters. Each area of our operation will be reviewed regularly to ensure the proper capacity based on guest-accessible square footage. Necessary adjustments will be made if areas are closed or adjusted on a temporary basis.
Throughout the property, we will work with our tenants to ensure that their protocols meet or exceed state and local health authority guidelines and are consistent with Dimond Center protocols on proper physical distancing and messaging.
Physical distancing protocols (such as floor markings, signage and dividers) will be used in the employee and service worker areas, such as entrances, employee break areas, employee time clocks, employee restrooms, roll call areas, shared workspaces, security checkpoints, loading docks, desks, reception desks, training areas, conference rooms and training classrooms and other high-density areas in order to ensure appropriate distancing between employees.
Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes but is not limited to; phones, radios, computers and other communication devices, payment terminals, food service tools, engineering and maintenance tools, cleaning equipment and tools, shared keys, time clocks and all other direct contact items used throughout the property.
LIMITED EVENTS ON PROPERTY
Large events and activities that draw big crowds have been postponed. All events will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis with a focus on our ability to ensure proper physical distancing and reduce risk.
Desks in shared/communal work environments will have a minimum of six feet between desks and be positioned so employee chairs are facing away from others. Conference room seating will be removed to ensure six foot spacing. Signage will be placed throughout the office environment to remind employees of CDC hygiene and safety guidelines.
CLEANING PROTOCOLS AND PRODUCTS
Dimond Center has implemented the following cleaning protocols:
- Perform thorough cleaning several times daily in high traffic areas, such as restrooms, worker break rooms, and entrances and exits, including doors and door handles, stairways, escalator handrails, and elevator controls.
- Frequently disinfect commonly used surfaces, including benches, counters, ATM PIN pads, registers, water fountains (spout, button/lever, and nozzle), guardrails, displays, handwashing and sanitation facilities, mall seating, vending machines, etc.
- Display signage indicating where the nearest hand sanitizer dispenser is located. Check hand sanitizer dispensers periodically and refill before they run out.
- When choosing disinfecting chemicals, use products approved for use against COVID-19 on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved list and follow product instructions.
- Use disinfectants labeled to be effective against emerging viral pathogens, diluted household bleach solutions (5 tablespoons per gallon of water), or alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol that are appropriate for the surface.
- Ensure that sanitary facilities stay operational and stocked at all times and provide additional soap, paper towels, and hand sanitizer when needed.
- Where possible, upgrade the building’s air filters to the highest efficiency possible and made other modifications to increase the quantity of outside air and ventilation in stores, offices and other indoor spaces.
- Encourage the use of credit cards at retail tenant and vendor locations and install hands-free devices, if possible, including motion sensor lights, contactless payment systems, automatic faucets, soap, and paper towel dispensers, and timecard systems.
- Reduce shopping center hours to provide adequate time for regular deep cleaning and product stocking.
EMPLOYEE AND GUEST HEALTH CONCERNS
Our employees have been given clear direction regarding our expectations should they develop symptoms of COVID -19. If symptoms have been present within 72 hours of their shift start time, we require the following of our employees:
EMPLOYEE REQUIREMENTS IF SHOWING SYMPTOMS
- Do not come to work.
- Contact a medical professional to discuss your medical situation.
- Follow the direction and lead of your clinic (further testing and/or quarantine).
- Contact Human Resources and report your situation.
- Report your situation to your immediate supervisor (who will report up).
- We will be ready to provide support to our fellow team members and guests.
- Employees who are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property are instructed to immediately notify Security, Human Resources and their immediate supervisor.
IN THE EVENT OF OCCURRENCE
When an active employee is identified as being COVID-19 positive by testing, CDC cleaning and disinfecting must be performed as soon after the confirmation of a positive test as practical. In lieu of performing CDC cleaning and disinfecting, the facility or individual businesses may shut down for a period of at least 72 consecutive hours to allow for natural deactivation of the virus, followed by site personnel performing a comprehensive disinfection of all common surfaces.
If we are alerted to a cluster of COVID-19 at Dimond Center, we will work with the Anchorage Health Department and follow the appropriate actions as recommended.
For more information on this plan or to express any suggestions or concerns, please contact Dimond Center’s Management office at (907) 344-2581 or [email protected].